Re: ammmeterMike,

To: datsun_sports <datsun_sports@hotmail.com>
Subject: Re: ammmeterMike,
From: "Patrick J. Horne" <horne@cs.utexas.edu>
Date: Fri, 3 Oct 2003 17:29:01 -0500 (CDT)
It really doesn't make any difference which ammeter lead the fuse goes in,
but the wire to the battery (starter) from the ammeter is my choice.

The fuse will limit the short circuit current through the ammeter, but if
the fault is within the ammeter itself, it will protect the wiring from
there to the battery.

Make sure that the fuse holder is rated for at least 30 Amps, most aren't.

Peace,
Pat

Pat Horne, Network Manager, Shop Supervisor/Future planner, CS Dept,
University of Texas, 1 University Station C0500,Austin, Tx. 78712-1188 USA