Green electrical crud

To: roadster List <Datsun-Roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Green electrical crud
From: Marc Tyler <marc@animalfirm.com>
Date: Wed, 1 Oct 2003 17:40:57 -0500
I've had the typical battles with that green corrosion on electrical
contacts on my 70 1600.  Last time around i cleaned the contacts and
used dielectric grease on connection, so we'll see if that works any
better.  Here's my question though.  The 1965 Datsun 320 pickup I'm
working on spent 15 years in an open sided pole-barn and was rode hard
before that.  But I've been starting to look into the badly damaged
wiring harness and the plug-type connections, virtually identical to
roadster plugs except for being clear  plastic instead of nylon, have
bright shiny contacts despite exposure to weather.  Why no green crud?
The car was positive ground, does that make a difference in the
corrosion department?  If not, why is the roadster so prone to it?

-Marc