Re: trans oil

To: Greg Burrows <gregnvicki@earthlink.net>
Subject: Re: trans oil
From: Chris Coker <chriscoker@comcast.net>
Date: Tue, 30 Sep 2003 05:56:16 -0400
Greg-

First off let me say up front that I'm an Amsoil dealer, so my comments
will be a little biased.  :)

I've been using Amsoil in the diff of my race car for a couple of
seasons.  No leaks so far.  I haven't tried it in my transmission, but
I have been extremely happy with Redline's MT-90.  For a street car
application, I would suggest Redline MTL.   I've just started using
Amsoil gear oil in the transmission of my street car, but I haven't
driven it enough this year to make a good judgment on it's performance,
or generation of any leaks there.   I've been using Amsoil's 20W-50
racing oil in the race motor for three seasons now, and I've been
extremely satisfied.  I also use Amsoil in the engine and transmission
of my Explorer, which serves as my tow vehicle for the race car.

One of differences between different synthetic brands is the quality,
purity, and therefore cost, of the base stocks used in their
manufacture.   Amsoil uses only the highest quality base stocks for
their formulations.  Most of the 'big' synthetic oil manufacturers do
not.  So it costs a little more up front, but due to the extended drain
intervals, it actually saves money in the long run.

Happy Roadstering,

---
Chris Coker
1969 1600 (SPL311-24529)