gas fumes

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: gas fumes
From: Will Slater <will45817@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 23 Sep 2003 18:35:11 -0700 (PDT)
I have noticed the smell of gas fumes after I fill-up.
I typically just fill up till the pump shuts off and
havent noticed any overflow.  I checked the rubber
filler neck and the hose going to the vent but see no
loose connections or leaks. Any suggestions on how or
what might be the culprit or how to track down the
source of the fumes? I am particularly concerned as I
want to install an amp in the trunk and a source of
heat near those fumes might have a decidedly bad
result!
Will
'68 2L