Re: Was Fuel Pump now Glass Bowl

To: Robert.Long@acs-inc.com, datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Was Fuel Pump now Glass Bowl
From: Stan Chernoff <az589@lafn.org>
Date: Mon, 22 Sep 2003 10:07:30 -0700
Robert,

It is likely that the casting part of the filter has been distorted by the
wire bails that support the bowl.  You can remove the filter and remove the
bowl and bail and take a large socket (About the same diameter as the top
of the bowl) and put it in a vise and slowly straighten it while supporting
the top by the end of the stud with the nut on it.

The material used has a relatively low creep strength.

It is doubtful that anyone will afford you a warranty exchange thru a
Nissan dealer even if you take care of the shipping -;).

Stan