Re: shipping a car

To: "paul g. reichert" <ocblue@worldnet.att.net>,
Subject: Re: shipping a car
From: John Atchison <jda@srv.net>
Date: Sun, 21 Sep 2003 16:00:26 -0700
Paul:

I just used DAS, Dependable Auto Shippers
to ship a roadster from San Diego to Idaho.
If you can ship terminal to terminal,
the price is much better than door-to-door.
Enclosed transport costs more.

Car was delivered on schedule with no hassle
except for the receiving terminal manager
who tried to charge me storage fees,
and I just refused to pay, politely offered to get the shippers booking agent
on the phone, (handy to take your cell phone with you!)
while we were picking up the car.
At they point they just gave up trying to rip us off for more money.

DAS has a busy 800 number and it was difficult to get the initial shipping
booked.
They have an on-line price quote service that will tell you everything you
need to know.
They will also email you a 2 or 3 page agreement
that is very specific about prepping the car for shipment.

good luck
John Atchison
69 2000
67 SR20DET