Re: proper engine break-in (kinda ot)

To: Gary Boone <gaboone70@earthlink.net>,
Subject: Re: proper engine break-in (kinda ot)
From: "datsun parts.com" <datsunpartsdotcom@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 18 Sep 2003 08:28:09 -0700 (PDT)
Was that zero cold? Interesting!... your valves, part of the equation, must be
completely sealing as well. Good for you! Dean

Gary Boone <gaboone70@earthlink.net> wrote:The last 2 U20's I built (one is
currently in my '70), I installed Total Seal gapless rings. 0% leakdown because
the top ring has no open gap at all. http://www.totalseal.com/gaplesss.html
I had to special order them because they are not set up for the R16 or U20. If
anyone wants the # off the box, it might work to order them. Otherwise you'll
have to provide ring groove dimensions and cylinder bore and they tool up to
make them special. Mine are for 0.020 (.5 mm) oversize pistons. I think they
make rings sets now where both the top and 2nd ring are gapless.
Gary