Re: carb question

To: road <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: carb question
From: Thomas Walter <twalter@austin.rr.com>
Date: Wed, 10 Sep 2003 21:05:35 -0500
Evaporative Emission Control, which was only fitted to the 1970 USA
models.  You'll also find a small evaporate tank in the trunk, other
trivia is the "Q" shaped vent hoses on the top of the float chambers
that connect to the air cleaner (all other years had the overflow tubes
open to the atmosphere).

Only thing I would change is to use the earlier style overflow vent
tubes on the floats. With a dirty airfilter, those original style will
pull a small vacuum on the float chambers, letting the fuel level
rise... giving a higher fuel level, hence running richer at freeway
speed.

This is all a pure Guess as I've never owned a 1970 model roadster. :)

Tom Walter
Texas

P.S. There was a blue covered "Emission Supplement" for the 1970 model
year that outlined all this. Like the rest of the Datsun books, every
thing is still in storage until some day in the future when I have a
shop and office once again. <grin>