rear end question

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: rear end question
From: "Pat Mahoney" <dynaguy54@hotmail.com>
Date: Sun, 07 Sep 2003 12:21:35 -0700
List,  This is not a question as to how I look in my new jeans.  My '68 1600
parts car is mostly gone.  I would like to determine if it has the lower
geared rear end that came with the 1600's.  There are some junk yard paint
marks that lead me to think that it might not have the original rear end.
Is there some way to determine externally if I have a 1600 rear end?  If I
have to take it apart to find out, how can I tell the defference?  I think
I'd like the lower gear for use with my '69 2000 and 5 spd.   TIA   Pat
Mahoney