RE: Help needed for a "terminal" Case

To: "Thomas Walter" <twalter@austin.rr.com>, <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Help needed for a "terminal" Case
From: "Victor Laury" <vlaury@earthlink.net>
Date: Thu, 4 Sep 2003 18:21:02 -0700
>Are those plastic connectors the same as DATSUN OEM unit?
Would be a nice find to repair old harnesses.

Tom, I'm glad you chimed in. I don't know if they match the OEM spec yet. I
ordered one of each (1 position through 8 position) to compare them with the
harnesses I'm refubishing.

I'm still looking for a source for these in bulk and the smaller bladed
variety, used in the 240/510/521/620/1200 dash harnesses. It's not easy to
make inquiries with out a brand/model for a standard!

>If you are not worried about originality, but a great connector. GM
Weatherpack style connectors are very common on late model GM vehicles.

I know them very well! We use them exclusively on our buses (I work public
transportation in Los Angeles). They are far superior than the old Nissan
spec. And I use them without hesitation on other projects. But originality
is a concern as this is partially about a product development for 240Z's.

Victor Laury
Los Angeles
70 SRL Roadster
72 240Z