Re: anodized aluminum

To: "Raper, Sidney" <Sidney.Raper@getronics.com>, <TWFAUST@aol.com>,
Subject: Re: anodized aluminum
From: "datsunmike" <datsunmike@nyc.rr.com>
Date: Tue, 2 Sep 2003 10:16:32 -0400
Yes, they do make powder paints in the color and texture mentioned. In the
old days it was just a 'hammer or wrinkle' type paint that was used and then
baked on at the factory.

Look at a Ferrari valve cover as that has a 'wrinkle' finish - even the new
ones and the valve covers are aluminum. It was cheaper and nicer looking to
paint the manifolds rather than polish them.

Mike