Rebuilding the Alternator

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Rebuilding the Alternator
From: nmleeds@mindspring.com
Date: Sat, 17 May 2003 20:00:55 -0700 (PDT)
I have a 69' U20, ready to drop it in, only one small problem, the alternator
looks like it could use some love.  Okay, the truth is that I've decided to
rebuild absolutely everything on the car because after doing my SU's I couldn't
stop.  At any rate does anyone have any suggestions about doing this?  I got
one side off the case but couldn't pull the axel out and didn't see any way of
getting the coil out.  Suppose I find the coil is bad, has anyone taken any of
these to rebuild shops?  Have they been able to service them?