RE: SRL311 ?s

To: "Roadsters E-Mail List" <Datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: SRL311 ?s
From: "Tom Hendricksen" <tom@fransfancies.com>
Date: Wed, 30 Apr 2003 08:09:20 -0700
Tom,

As to the chains on your U20 engine, they are available.  There is at least
one very nice complete chain/gear set that has been recently manufactured in
a very small quantitiy.  It is available from at least one list memeber.
The guides and tensioners are becoming less and less available, but they can
be found for a price.  I did a chain only change on the engine in my car.
The numbers matching engine on the engine stand is getting all new gears and
chains as it is slowly rebuilt.

As to insurance, I pay $107.00/year to insure my Datsun 2000 through
Hagerty.  That is for $300,000 liability, and there are NO deductables for
either collision or comprehensive.  I have set the car value at this point
at $5,000.  I have listed them, and a couple of others I found below.  One
was far less ($62.00), the other a little higher.  I chose Hagerty because
anyone who has held a drivers license for 5 years can drive my car and be
covered by Hagerty.  I am well past that point, but my oldest daughter wants
to drive (steal for a day trip to the ocean) my 2L.  When she finds out she
really can push the clutch in (her car has a 5lb clutch and mine is
competition), she and her lifelong girlfriend each can drive the car without
me worrying about insurance issues.

This type of collectors insurance requires the car to be kept in a locked
garage, not used for daily transportation, and they want a limit of 2500
miles/year.  I was not asked for a speedometer reading when I provided
pictures and proof of insurance on another vehicle (required).  I drive the
car whenever I don't think it will rain, and since I no longer have a "day"
job all of my driving is personal.

http://www.americancollectorsins.com/default.htm
http://www.grundy.com/
http://www.hagerty.com