Re: Crank

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Crank
From: Thomas - Sweden <csp311@telia.com>
Date: Sat, 01 Mar 2003 00:50:15 +0100
You need to eat spinach for a week to lift that
crankshaft without an engine hoist :-)

It's got to be bomb proof with so much material
but older engines are heavy and Nissan are no
different.

Just for fun I checked weights in the BMW parts
CD (in their usual German way they list shipping
weight for everything) and found a 5.7 liter V12
crankshaft at 55 lbs and to compare with a
4-cylinder, the 2.5 liter M3 crankshaft at 40 lbs.

Thomas