Re: engine putogether

To: "Ken Mack" <dkmt@pacbell.net>,
Subject: Re: engine putogether
From: "Victor Laury" <vlaury@earthlink.net>
Date: Sun, 16 Feb 2003 23:19:49 -0800
>An old trick my hot rod buddies use.  If you need to keep track of hard
to find gaskets... photo copy them.  As long as the scaling is at 100%,
it will come out as a perfect B/W copy.  Well, saves time in drawing, at
least.  You all have photo copiers in your garage, right?  HAHAHAHAHA.

Just to add to Ken's trick, I ran copies of my gaskets, and then ran the
gasket material (For thin stuff only) through the paper feeder of the copy
machine. Out came a perfect impression to cut from! I did the same trick
with thin manila card stock for mock up of larger gaskets. I now have a file
full of gasket copies.