Wheel advice needed

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Wheel advice needed
From: "Andrew Murphy" <solex67@hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 04 Feb 2003 08:31:05 -0800
Hey All,

I have already purchased som Libres for my restoration and Ross has told me
that he has tested their fitment with my Volvo brakes and that they will
fit. I like the retro styling of the four spoke pattern and I think they
will look great on the car.

My frame is almost ready to roll and Ross will soon be folding over the lock
tabs, but one thing remains and that is what I want to do with the wheels as
far as appearance. Right now they are unrestored.

I have some after market center caps that will be black and red and I am
undecided on what to do with the wheels. I have the option of painting them
black, powder coating, polishing the cast aluminum and even clear coating
them. I am not going to paint them red as I think it would look tacky.

I am afraid that painting them black will cause the wheels to "disappear"
when the car is at speed against the black of the car.

I am interested in the list's opinions as to what would look good against a
black car with red interior.

Thanks for the input.

Andrew Murphy
1967.5 2000 Solex SRL311-00489