volvo brakes

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: volvo brakes
From: Beamonk@aol.com
Date: Sun, 24 Nov 2002 23:55:51 EST
Hey all, thanks for the links. Going through the garage, I found some old
porsche 911 calipers, which I believe also fit on the 356's with non-vented
rotors. They seem so far to be a perfect fit, but the rotors do need about
1/16" or so trimmed also. They are single piston with two sizes, one seems
about 40mm and the other about 36 mm or so. I have a friend with tons of
these calipers. They seem to need no shims but will need a single tee block
with metric to standard. Holes line up fine. I was wondering about the bias
with the Volvo calipers. They seem to have alot of pad area for our skinny
rotors and would seem to generate alot of heat which may lead to warping. So
gang, how do the Volvo's work under heavy use and more importantly, do they
tend to lock up in the front? Thanks for the responses, I may go volvo after
all, but these look pretty good and I know how well they work on the old
porsches, which stop a heckuva lot better than Magoo.
Thanks,
john Brasfield