Starting: Round 5? 6?

To: <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Starting: Round 5? 6?
From: orangedawg@hotmail.com
Date: Sun, 24 Nov 2002 12:51:00 -0800
To List,

Amazingly, with the incredible help of GREG BURROWS, the car started!!  (I
also ordered Gary's EI, just in case that was the problem).  Anyway, it
starts.  However (isn't there always a however?), it back fires out the carbs,
splits gas back out the carbs when "running", and seems to "run" at about
35-40 BTDC (assuming the shop that put the crank pulley on set the mark on the
crank, which they said they did).  I sounds awful!!  And it's hard to keep it
running for very long.

I'm thinking more now than ever that the cam gear is off one tooth.  Does this
sound right or is it something else I'm missing?  If cam is off one tooth,
which way do I move it?

Allen
1970 2000 w/B cam and at least kind of running thanks to List and Greg