Re: OPT Mystery Italian Car

To: Victor Laury <vlaury@earthlink.net>
Subject: Re: OPT Mystery Italian Car
From: Tom Hendricksen <tom@fransfancies.com>
Date: Sun, 24 Nov 2002 05:24:59 -0800
Victor,

If you do get your wish, be sure you keep your thumb tucked into your hand and
NOT OVER the crank handle.  Also make sure you are pulling up rather than down
when you pull the engine through compression.  That way if the engine bucks you
won't break either your thumb or arm.

I once owned a Morris Minor 1000 with a hand crank.  In that case the jack
handle
doubled as the engine crank.  I actually used the hand crank for about two weeks
when I needed a new battery and could not afford one.  A novelty for a kid, but
my back would not appreciate it at all today.

Tom
69 2000
Portland, Oregon