OT - I can't wait for cold weather

To: <list@240z.org>, <Datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: OT - I can't wait for cold weather
From: "Victor Laury" <vlaury@earthlink.net>
Date: Fri, 22 Nov 2002 21:35:29 -0800
Since some of you are suffering winter's wrath, here's my favorite thing to
do when cold winds blow.

Victor's mulled apple brew.
Or Three days of bliss and a month of spread

Before going to bed on a cold winter's night
In your largest cook pot, 2 gallons of apple juice.
add several apples and pears, quartered, peel and all.
5 ~ 6 cinnamon sticks.
5 ~ 8 cloves
1cup of rum

On the stove at the lowest possible flame. uncovered
In the morning you wake up to a fantastic smell, it may even effected your
dreams. ladle into cups - Yum! Keep it on the flame.
afternoon - yum
Before bedtime, ladle it into cups and add a little rum to the cups, night,
night!
Next morning - ditto  oo o o oo oo   oohhhh
Getting a little low? Add another gallon of juice. You didn't drink all of
it, after all. Quite a bit has flavored the entire house.
In three days, I've usually had enough. NOW, here comes the fun part. Get
some very clean jelly jars. And turn the flame on high. Stir - stir -  stir,
the witche's brew thickens, The fruit has dissolved, only the cinnamon
sticks remain. Stir till it's very thick and bubbling. CAREFUL! It's hot.
ladle the thick Apple butter (That's right) into the jelly jars.
After cooling, wrap a couple of jars up in a festive manner and give them to
your neighbors (ONLY IF YOU REALLY LIKE THEM!). Be sure to have at least 2
jars in your on fridge.

It's not uncommon for your sneaky neighbors to dress one of their children
up in there Sunday best and send them over to your house with the empty jar
to ask "Please Sir, Could we have some more"