Starting and wiring round 3

To: <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Starting and wiring round 3
From: orangedawg@hotmail.com
Date: Sun, 17 Nov 2002 20:48:03 -0800
I'm starting to think maybe I've got my wires to the coil hooked up wrong.  My
main four wires (other than the one to the distrib and the blue wire from that
tiny canister looking thing mounted above my coil) coming out of the firewall
are white w/black strip, white w/yellow stripe, and black w/white stripe, and
one solid black wire.  I've also got another two wire harness coming out of
the firewall that is in the same location.  One wire is black, hooked up to
the distributor, the other is this for the temp sender.  As I've got it set up
now is as follows for the other wires:

1.  solid black:  to (-) on coil
2.  white w/ yellow stripe:  to (+) on coil
3.  white w/black stripe:  to right side of resistor as your looking at it
(however, my resistor is mounted upside down (at least the letters on the
resistor are upside down) as that's how it mounts on my car.
4.  black w/white stripe:  to left side of resistor

I've got a 1970 2000.  Does the above sound right?  If I had them hooked up
wrong, would I still get a spark?