Alternator & Amp Gauge

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Alternator & Amp Gauge
From: Chris.Brucciani@ercgroup.com
Date: Tue, 12 Nov 2002 08:19:06 -0600
It's hard to believe that my alternator fire was July 4th and I just now
found the time to get under the hood to make repairs to Pinky.  Sheesh!!
Funny how an 18 month old child can change things (for the better, wouldn't
want it any different!)

I put a new 42amp one wire in.  But I notice that my amp gauge is not
working.  Could it have fried during the fire?  How can I check it to see if
it is fried?  Can it be repaired if it is broken?

Also - how can I check to see if the alternator is charging?

Thanks.

Chris Brucciani
Marietta, GA
68 2000