Cannonball fans?

To: <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Cannonball fans?
From: "Paul" <9laser3@bright.net>
Date: Sun, 27 Oct 2002 15:34:44 -0500
  Anybody out there remember Brock Yates series of NY to LA races called the
Cannon ball?  There is a write up on them in November's CAR & DRIVER along
with some great old photos.  One photo I still remember from the original
race coverage back in the 70's was of the "Right Bra Racing Team".  Three
young ladies that ended up being the only Cannonball team to ever crash, but
might be remembered by more of us that were teens back then, for other
reasons!
  Well today I realized that the one team member, Donna Mae Mims, was the
same Donna Mae Mims that works with the SCCA crew at Nelson Ledges Race
track.  Today she autographed my CAR & DRIVER and gave me a big hug to go
with it.  A wonderful woman and I can't wait to hear more stories of her
racing career next summer when racing resumes here in NE Ohio.

  Roadster content:  Sloan Racing won the Pumpkin Race at Nelson today and
that gave Jim Sloan enough points to retake first place for the track
championship for G Production (driving a Datsun 1600 roadster!).

Paul Kort
Ohio