Front Disc Pads

To: "'Roadster'" <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Front Disc Pads
From: "MURPHY, BARNEY D" <BMURPHY@scana.com>
Date: Mon, 14 Oct 2002 16:30:43 -0400
Greetings fellow Roadsterites from an east coaster!

Has anyone been using the Beck-Arnley #0820225 disc brake pads on the front
of their roadsters? I have a set of them on mine. They are the "Premium"
grade pad (organic) and sometimes I get an awful squeal from them. I have
put about 200 miles on them so far. Yes, I did turn the rotors before
putting them on and all caliper pistons are moving. The pads fit very snug
in the caliper piston groves also.

They appear to be quite metallic, that is, I can see a great deal of the
metal flakes in the material.

Should I be using something else? What else is being used?

Thanks,
Barney

1969 SRL311 09570.