OT: Laser Blinders

To: "Roadsters" <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>,
Subject: OT: Laser Blinders
From: "Daniel Beatty" <Daniel@nowroc.com>
Date: Sun, 6 Oct 2002 22:13:32 -0700
G'day,

I have been following a thread on a WRX site about laser jammers.  One
person has found a unit that really sounds to work.  He ran against his
neighbor - the policeman - for fun and found that it completely blocked
the gun; four out of four.

Here is a link to the site that sells them.  Read the report the
independent report that Speedlabs - the radar testing company - did on
this unit. http://www.usblinder.com/us/texas.htm

And follows is the post from this weekend's test on the local WRX guy.

Could the early x-mas present I need.

Cheers,

Daniel Beatty

64 SP310

65.5 SP311

70 PL510

To: pdxwrx@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [pdxwrx] Blinder

I just got back from my shoot out with a police officer and his LT-1
Laser Lyte speed gun.

One word quote from the officer. "Huh!"

Short summary:  4 runs at him with it on, one with it off.  Perfect
speed tracking with it off, NOT a single reading with it on from 1000
feet down to 20 feet!  He got solid E-01 error messages which he usually

interprets as meaning he is not aimed at anything reflective.  He tried
aiming at the license plate, the headlights and the foglights.  In fact
he even managed to aim low enough so my V1 was NOT picking up a signal,
but the Blinder was solidly on.

Anyway, it works great.  And I've realized that one COULD perhaps
protect two vehicle with one kit and an extra switch and alarm as I
suspect that even one transponder would protect many vehicles..

So I'm happy.

--
Alan Peterman     al at scn.rain.com               Tigard, OR
As I grow older, the days seem longer and the years seem shorter.