Starter Problem found

To: "'Roadsters (E-mail)'" <Datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Starter Problem found
From: Tom Hendricksen <tom@fransfancies.com>
Date: Mon, 30 Sep 2002 21:12:45 -0700
Once I actually drove my 2000 for the first time Saturday I started
having intermittent starting problems.  Sometimes turning the key did
not have any effect on anything at all.  I started with the ignition
switch and a voltmeter and found all well there.  Next I moved to the
start solenoid connector.  When I reached for it I found it was not all
in one piece and the metal did not always touch the remnants of the
connector.  As many times as I looked at and moved this plug while
changing starters and the engine I don't know why it did not fail then
or at least show itself.  The remaining metal felt like it had just
rotted away.  I removed the old connector and soldered a new connector
to the wire coming from the switch.  Now the car starts every time I ask
it to.

Tom
69 2000
Portland