Re: Rubbing rear brake

To: "Steven Harvey" <stebharvey@ameritech.net>,
Subject: Re: Rubbing rear brake
From: "Dave Mehl" <waterback@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Mon, 30 Sep 2002 06:51:15 -0700
Hello,

I had a similar experience after playing with my rear brakes. In my case the
shoe was rubbing the brake drum making a "chuff--chuff" sound as the wheel
turned. I had put the lower return spring on to the drum side of the shoes.
After situating the spring to the inboard side of the shoes the sound
stopped. I love a simple fix.

Dave
69-2000

P.S. Unsure on spelling of "chuff". It may have actually been "chufff".