Re: Funky bolt size

To: "'Datsun Roadsters'" <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>,
Subject: Re: Funky bolt size
From: "reblues" <reblues@reblues.net>
Date: Thu, 26 Sep 2002 18:13:34 -0400
Joe,
It has been a while since I did mine, but I found a brass plug/cap at the
local hardware store.  I also picked up a clevis pin the right diameter to
fit in the small part of the hole.  I cut the length on the pin to just
protrude into the exhaust port, then used a drimmel tool to match the curve
of the exhaust port.  I had to put a small nut between the head of the pin
and the plug to keep it tight. This all worked great.

I did this after years of putting up with the chirping sound.

Richard