Castle Hill Concours

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Castle Hill Concours
From: "Dana Scribner" <dscrib2@hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 23 Sep 2002 20:38:39 -0400
The Castle Hill Concours dElegance was better then advertised. We arrived
about 10:00 almost too late to get a good parking spot. As you enter the
field you come in at the base of 2 hills. Id say they are about 1/3 of a
mile long. To your left on top of the hill is the Castle which at one time
was a summer house. To the right after you climb the hill the view is one
over looking the harbor and Cranes beach with sail boats and all that
nautical stuff. Both hills had 3 lines of cars side by side. Id guess well
over 1,000 cars. The cars were everything from show cars to ones that barely
made it there. As we walked up and down and up and down the hills I saw more
new cars than I have seen in a long time. A Czechoslovakian car with a
rear end mounted 8 cylinder engine, 2 BMW 700s, and just a bunch of others
that I do not remember. I like to take pictures of cars but there were so
many pictures to take I could not make up my mind and did not take any.

The feature of the day was Cadillacs 100 years. So there were lots of old
and not so old Caddies. I saw a 1952 Packard style that I have never seen
before. To say the least I was in awe. A car persons heaven. Maybe a video
of the cars would be good so in the middle of a snowstorm I can pug it in
and remember what a great late summer day it was.

We will go back next year.

The high light of the day were the only 2 Japanese cars we saw. They looked
great and one or both should have won a prize. Oh, by the way they were 2
1968 Datsun Roadsters and they brought in a number of 2nd looks (Charlie Es
and mine).

If Pebble Beach is anything like this was I cannot wait to go!!

For those of you in or out of the area and need a car fix about this time of
the year plan on being there next year with us. Rain or shine I will be
going.

Dana

PS. Web site www.castlehillconcours.com