Re: 7127 2 Wire Alt Hook-up

To: slowboy@cox.net
Subject: Re: 7127 2 Wire Alt Hook-up
From: "Doctor Evil" <doctor_evil@fastmail.ca>
Date: Mon, 23 Sep 2002 01:38:50 -0400 (EDT)
Ok - I think that you have the same set up that I do.

If I understand correctly, you have the output post on the back of
the alternator, and a two lead connector coming from elsewhere on the
side of the alternator.

If so, one of the leads (the white one on my connector) is looped
back and a ring is attached to it to attach it to the output from the
alternator.  The other lead (red in my case)is connected to a male
spade connector, which in turn is connected to the original 3x2
plastic plug on the wiring harness for the original alt/reg,
attaching to a black with white wire (which leads to the ignition)

If you want a self exciting, true one-wire system, do a net search
with MSN "GM one-wire alternator" - there is a jeep guy, who will
walk you step by step through rebuilding your alternator with the
correct pieces to make it a true one-wire.

Hope this helps.

Dave
67 2000