Re: Steering Shaft removal & Frame bolt

To: "John Wightman" <johnwightman@shaw.ca>, <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Steering Shaft removal & Frame bolt
From: "datsunmike" <datsunmike@nyc.rr.com>
Date: Sun, 22 Sep 2002 09:11:53 -0400
I used a pickle fork to great effect in removing the steering column from
the steering box. A large chisel can also be used to seperate the clamp so
the column comes off. I also at times had to smack the clamp with a mini
sledge and a piece of 2x4 to seperate the joint, hitting the clamp upwards
toward the cockpit area. Sometimes they are quite rusted in place.

When you reassemble it, use plenty of antiseize on the splines so it doesn't
rust in place

Mike