RE: Seatbelt crazy

To: "'alvin gogineni'" <alvingogi@hotmail.com>, <msedlack@neo.rr.com>,
Subject: RE: Seatbelt crazy
From: "linob" <lino.baggio@idxcorporation.ca>
Date: Fri, 20 Sep 2002 09:00:18 -0400
I'm not sure of the low windshield cars, but the '68 and newer has (2)
threaded roll bar mounts built into the trunk panel and (2) at the
parcel shelf behind both seats - perhaps you can mount a tab to these
existing locations. Everything I've heard indicates that the mount
should be slightly lower than shoulder height - walk through the pits in
any racetrack and see what the racer's are doing.  Mounting to the floor
behind the seats with the belts almost parallel to the seat back will
compress the spine upon even the slightest impact, making the next set
of wheels you pilot will be a wheel chair.  Many car builders in the
import scene with 4 door cars and harnesses make the mistake of mounting
to the floor behind the front seats because they still want to use the
back seat.