Re: U20 SU Carb trouble

To: <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: U20 SU Carb trouble
From: "Amy & Erik" <erikandamy@integraonline.com>
Date: Sun, 15 Sep 2002 22:52:38 -0500
Thanks to all those who replied about my carb dilema.  It was sggested that
I:
Check floats (didn't get there yet)
Litghter oil in dashpot (didn't help, but keeping it there anyway as per
popular vote)
Check distributor orientation (was ok)
New needles (ADQ)
New gas.

Come to think of it, the gas is likely a big part of my problem, the car has
been sitting for a few months, and the gas I added may have been a bit old
too.   I was getting ready to drain and get some fresh stuff when my
parental skills were called upon.  I get about 2 hours a week in the garage
these days with a 4 month old in the house. (not that I am complaining,
getting  a smile out of him gives me much more satsfaction than getting work
done on the car)

If I add 5 gallons of good gas to 3 gallons of old gas, would that give me 8
gallons of OK gas, or do I really need to drain and use all fresh stuff?
Erik Smeby