While on the subject of tops

To: "'Roadsters (E-mail)'" <Datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: While on the subject of tops
From: Tom Hendricksen <tom@fransfancies.com>
Date: Sun, 15 Sep 2002 10:19:25 -0700
The top frame I have for my car is in pretty good shape, only needing
minor sanding and priming with POR-15 and paint, but little of the top
itself remains.

Among the remains is the bar that holds the rear of the top to the car
body and a cable on each side.

Is it better to take that rusty bar to a powder coater and let them deal
with it all and have it powder coated, or should I just clean it up
myself, coat it with POR-15, and paint it?

Are those cables on the side of the top look to be in very good
condition.  Are they something I should just write off and replace, or
do they ever need replacement?

Tom
69 2000
Portland