Restoration Web Site Update

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Restoration Web Site Update
From: "Andrew Murphy" <solex67@hotmail.com>
Date: Sat, 14 Sep 2002 13:15:39 -0700
Hey List,

For those interested, I have just updated my website with pics of my car
body and other sheet metal after its trip to the acid dip. As you can
imagine, I was a little nervous about what kind of shape things would be in.
I know the car had had quite a bit of bondo and other repair work done and I
know the car had been hit in the front at some point in its life.

Well, I was happy to learn that the body was in better-than-average shape.
There were some surprises but I will not have to do anything drastic like
having the re-body the car. As Ross told me: "After seeing 25 years worth of
British Columbia cars that are rusted pieces of junk, your car body and
sheet metal are in pretty good shape.

Now that the metal is bare, it is time to start repairing the damage. The
frame has now been repaired, dipped, and phospated and is ready to go to the
powder coater. I have chosen a grey powder coat as opposed to black. Since
the car is going to be black, I wanted to offset the frame from the body.

More pics and updates to come. Engine rebuild starts next month and the work
on the car is progressing well.

I'll keep the web site updated for anyone who is interested.

http://home.netcom.com/~andr/datsun.htm

Andrew Murphy
1967.5 2000 SRL311-00489
SoCalROC