Motor Mounts

To: "Datsun-Roadsters List" <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Motor Mounts
From: "Jessica" <windsurfer@mindspring.com>
Date: Fri, 13 Sep 2002 21:53:29 -0400
Hi All,

If you look at the motor mounts on a 1966 SPL-311 it appears (on my car) that
the front bolt assembly has a fixed nut (attached to the metal mount) and the
rear has a free nut and bolt.  This appears on both the passenger and driver
side.  Unfortunately, the driver side bolt is broken ( I cannot see the top of
the bolt), but I can see the threads from the bottom going through the fixed
nut.

My question is are the front mount nuts fixed to the vehicle and the rear
free?  Any ideas short of removing the engine to remove the remaining stud
from the bolt?

Thanks in advance.

Best Regards,

Ivin