FW: brake rebuild parts

To: "'swimmergod@yahoo.com'" <swimmergod@yahoo.com>,
Subject: FW: brake rebuild parts
From: "O'Farrell, Fergus" <Ofarrell.Fergus@hitco.com>
Date: Fri, 13 Sep 2002 09:19:23 -0700
Brian,
for the rundown on the volvo set-up, and for pretty much the rundown on
every technical job, try the 311s.org site.  It is very comprehensive and
has pictures.  Also try the archives of the list postings, search under the
relevant word, 'brakes', and you'll find a lot of stuff (but have to sort
through it)

In regards to bolts, you are screwing into an aluminum head, so be careful
and use a torque wrench.  For torque values look at gordon-glasgow.org site,
under machinists numbers, it has torque values for most everything.  Get a a
high grade of bolt, like grade 8, don't use grade 5 for critical stuff, they
are for ordinary applications.

Fergus O
69 2000, HB,CA