Chrome gauge rings

To: <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Chrome gauge rings
From: evan troxel <evan@sensorydigital.com>
Date: Wed, 11 Sep 2002 23:38:53 -0700
Hi all,

I'm not sure what to do here.  I took apart my dash the other day.  It seems
like the gauges (the three in the middle) on my '66 have different style
chrome rings around them.  The rings on every gauge need to be re-chromed I
think...maybe chrome polish will work.  I can't figure out how to get them
off the gauges.  Anyone take them off before?

So, are they different, or did a PO change them?  Anyone have any close-up
pics of their dash that I can look at to see which gauges go where, and to
see if they have the same rings around them?  The chrome ring on the amperes
gauge is completely different than the one on the oil gauge for instance.

Thanks in advance,

--
Evan Troxel
Alta Loma, CA