Re: I'm Back!

To: "Tom Hendricksen" <tom@fransfancies.com>,
Subject: Re: I'm Back!
From: Tom Hendricksen <tom@fransfancies.com>
Date: Wed, 11 Sep 2002 16:53:39 -0700
Eric,

Welcome back, and congrats on the new job.  Especially with a few car nuts
around
to help now and then.

I took apart a 68 roadster that had a lot of body rust and bondo earlier this
year.  I thought I had a good frame with a little surface rust.  My father's
neighbor just hit a wall with his 1600 (gift for HS grad, later gave 1600's to
both of his kids when they graduated HS) and I am considering whether or not I
want to use the frame and other spares I have and purchase the 1600 (nice,
year/windshield unknown) and try doing two cars at once.

Yesterday I was outside just goofing around and picked up a length of metal
brake
line with a frozen nut on one end and started banging on the spare frame.  There
are now 4 holes in the frame that were not there before.  It is repairable, but
the rust was in places where you would not find it with the body on the car.
Check your frame carefully if there is a lot of rust on the body.  The heavy
frame
damage was on top of the frame, right behind the driver and passenger seats,
which
were removed by lifting the seats from the rusted floorpans.  Didn't bother with
the bolts.  They are still on the seat runners.

Tom Hendricksen
69 2000
Portland, Oregon