Re: Impact Gun Ignorance

To: <Robert.Long@acs-inc.com>
Subject: Re: Impact Gun Ignorance
From: "Patrick J. Horne" <horne@cs.utexas.edu>
Date: Wed, 11 Sep 2002 10:17:20 -0500 (CDT)
There are electric impact guns, but they don't have the "umph" (thechnical
term) of the air powered ones. I have an electric one and have never been
able to get it to loosten a bolt yet, but it will spin bolts that are not
stuck and put them back on to get ready for torquing. They are also
heavier and bulkier than air powered guns.

Peace,
Pat

Pat Horne, Network Manager, Shop Supervisor/Future planner, CS Dept,
University of Texas, 1 University Station C0500,Austin, Tx. 78712-1188 USA