1600 Tranny ??????

To: <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: 1600 Tranny ??????
From: "SlowBoy" <slowboy@cox.net>
Date: Mon, 9 Sep 2002 18:49:53 -0700
Today, like yesterday I got to play with a four speed.  Only, today I had to
take a pipe wrench and floor jack handle (for leverage) to get the filler plug
off.  Glad it wasn't on the car.

I need to ask some identifying questions.

1.  1600 4spd trans, finned bottom plate with off center drain plug and
threaded holes for tranny mount on tail shaft.  What years?

2.  1600 4spd trans, no fins on bottom plate with centered drain plug and no
threaded holes for tranny mount on tail shaft.  What years?

3.  There's a brace for the 1600 4spd tranny mount that screws into the
chassis.  What, if any differences are there between the years 66 through 70?
I gotta ask because it's MIA from this 67 I dragged home.

4.  Imagine the 1600 bell housing with the big center rod but nothing is on or
around the center rod where you would nornally see throw-out bearing and such.
All those parts that are not there; are they the same parts 66 through 70?

Thank you!

//
//
/