parts identification experts?

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: parts identification experts?
From: Gonridn2@aol.com
Date: Sat, 7 Sep 2002 01:59:05 EDT
Hello, lurker turned poster here.  I recently purchased a '65 SPL310 vintage
racer with a ton of parts for both 1500 and 1600 drivetrains that I've been
trying to identify.  I'm getting wouzy from the work and am now looking for
some easy answers from the brain trust.  Thanks.
Are all 1500 3 main journal cranks and 1600 5 mains?
Are all 1500 gearboxes 4 speeds and 1600's 5 speeds?
Are all 1500 heads iron and 1600's aluminium?
Will a 1600 cam fit a 1500 block?
Who sells the hot setup for the electronic distributor conversion?
A zillion more questions and stories to follow ;-)

Troy Tinsley
Carefree, AZ