Engine # R51024 Will it fit?

To: <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Engine # R51024 Will it fit?
From: "Jessica" <windsurfer@mindspring.com>
Date: Fri, 6 Sep 2002 22:57:15 -0400
This may be a bit off but back in 1984, a friend gave me a car, a sedan and I
pulled the engine.  I kinda remember that the car may have been a 411 and the
engine was I think a 1600.  However, that was a long time ago and the motor
and trany has been stored up in Vermont ever since.  My question is could that
engine and trany be used in a 1600 SPL-311?  Is there a way for me to find out
if the transmission would fit my original engine?  Any idea how to find out.
Thanks in advance. The motor number is R51024 and the numbers on the
transmission  is 4CH7 891

PS.  This motor and trany ran fine 15 yrs ago.

Ivin