Seats in the '64

To: "Roadster Mail Group" <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Seats in the '64
From: "audela2" <audela2@cox.net>
Date: Fri, 6 Sep 2002 08:40:18 -0700
We're hopefully going to get our '64 1600 out for a test drive today; bleeding
brakes, installing a new thermostat & reconnecting the drive shaft are about
all that's left.  The engine seems to be running hot; goes up over 190 in just
a few minutes of idling.  We checked through the list archives and came up
with several good things to check (timing, fuel mix, etc)

The big question today is; can later model ('66 and later) seats be installed
without much hassle?  The original seats need a lot of work, and we have a
nice set of spare seats from a '67 or '68 (they came in the '67 but have
headrests so we've been told they are probably later model years)

Thanks in advance; once we get the beast on the road we'll post a few pics!

Charlotte & Leonard Hoover
Phoenix, Arizona
'64 SPL310 1500
'64 SPL310 1600