GM alternator, etc

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: GM alternator, etc
From: SLBESQ@aol.com
Date: Tue, 3 Sep 2002 17:38:53 EDT
hi everyone

i did it!  finally i got around to installing my new alternator.  thanks to
susan and dan for sending the air pump bracket to facilitate the swap.  i had
to drill out the new bracket, but with about a dozen or so washers as
spacers, it's now in.

i have a couple questions:

1.    where can i buy a "fused link" to insert in the line between the new
alt and the battery?  i tried OSH and a couple auto parts stores to no avail.

2.    while routing the 10 guage wire to the trunk (location of my battery),
i finally discovered the reason oil appears to drip from my e-brake bracket
mounted to the rear axle carrier.  in between the uprights for the torque bar
(long since gone) is a "breather."  i found it in the clymer manual, but no
mention of how it should be adjusted.  it is a bolt with a weird head, fine
threads, and a hole drilled into the shaft, through the threads.  if i screw
it down all the way, it drops below the threads.  how should this piece be
adjusted?  that is, how far out or in should it be?

thanks in advance for all your great insight.

67.5MIZU (now with 80 amps).