Body Work Update

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Body Work Update
From: "Andrew Murphy" <solex67@hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 03 Sep 2002 10:13:16 -0700
Hey All,

Got some updates from Ross about my car today. My frame required quite a lot
of welding and it has now been repaired, acid dipped and phosphated. It will
soon be prepped for powder coating and done. Before it can be powder coated,
it will have bolts threaded in to all threaded holes to ensure no powder
coating gets in there. Pics soon.

Body is going for a partial dip to strip the old paint (what there was of
it)and of course to identify all needed repairs. It will then travel back to
Ross's shop. In addition to the body the are the doors, trunk and hood lid,
and fenders that will get the same treatment. Once dipped, they will be
returned for evaluation, repair or replacement.

They they go for another dip and then finally they will be phosphated. After
that they will get a coating of metal etch primer to seal all seams and
cracks.

Ross has promised pics and as soon as I can I will post for anyone
interested in the before and after pics.

See you on the road!

Andrew Murphy
1967.5 2000 SRL311-00489 (On the way to being restored)