Vintage racing

To: "Datsun Roadster List" <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Vintage racing
From: "datsunmike" <datsunmike@nyc.rr.com>
Date: Sun, 1 Sep 2002 20:33:11 -0400
Yesterday, I went to the Lime Rock Vintage Festival and one of the original
Bob Sharp 240 cars was there as well as a 510 Trans Am car. The 510 did
quite well considering it had a serious HP deficit compared to the pony cars
it was running with. The 240 OTOH was not being pushed hard and it was
painful to watch it go so slow.

Too bad Sam Posey doesn't drive anymore as I'm sure he woulda made it sing.

BTW, there were several 250GTOs including the one I got a ride in several
months ago around the track. I never saw more than one but there were three
and it was quite a treat to watch them racing as they were being raced quite
hard.

FWIW, an MGB blew away a field of Aston Martin Zagotos and many Ferraris
including the 3 above. People cheered when the "common guy's car" blew past
the 1st place Aston. Unfortunately the Aston regained the lead on the last
lap and won by a few car lengths.

Roadster content: My car died on the way home - just stopped dead in its
tracks. I figured almost immediately it was a dizzy problem and sure enough
the rotor cut through the Pertronix lead. I keep wrenched, ratchets and
other crap but no knife or extra wires. I used a lead from a xenon flasher
kept in my trunk and borrowed a knife from a Knights of Columbus hall. I
finished the repair in about 5 minutes and after returning the knife I was
on my way again. No problems after that thankfully and the car ran great. It
rained hard on the way home today and I forgot how much my car leaks from
where the top meets the w/s frame. Electrical tape works great to seal it
off.

Mike