Re: KA24 swap vs. 1600 rebuild

To: will45817@yahoo.com, datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: KA24 swap vs. 1600 rebuild
From: "ian miller" <datsun661600@hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 25 Jun 2002 07:12:56 -0400
I had my 1600 rebuilt into a stroker for $480 dollars.  I think I got a
decent deal.  That price included (as best I can remember) valve job,
replacement valve, turned crank, new bearings, flywheel lightening (mild)
and resurfacing, new bolts ect, cleaning, cylendar honing, and decking the
head and block.  I know he used a lot of parts from the H20 though I'm not
sure what.  He told me a guy was restoring a rolls royce and needed new
pistons at $200 a pop.  He did some research and found he could find the
same pistons ina british tractor for $25.  He is a very talented and bright
machinist.

Ian