Why I like working retail

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Why I like working retail
From: "Stephen McCartney" <sgam@hotmail.com>
Date: Sun, 16 Jun 2002 07:59:13 +0000
Just the other day, a guy walks in to the store I work in (an auto
accessories and parts place in Melbourne - Autobarn to you Aussies on the
list) and asks "Who's is that red roadster out there?".  When I told him it
was mine, he starts chatting away happily about them - he used to have one,
but sold it in 1982.  So we're chatting away, and he says he thinks he's got
some parts lying around, if I'm interested...

Well, yesterday, he comes back in, and hands me a bag with a brass synchro
ring, and 3 of those rubber mounts for the Solex carbs (dunno what happened
to the last one...) and then offers me a Service manual for $40!  In perfect
condition, too!  Only just last week I'd been wishing for one.  I guess the
Universe provides.  I'd never heard of the publisher before - Clymer
Publications - but apparently its a translation from a Japanese manual.
Pretty funny translations at times, but nothing that hampers it's use.  A
real score!

Cheers,

Steve
(1968 2000 Solex)