Re: Tall windshield removal question

To: Tom Hendricksen <tom@fransfancies.com>,
Subject: Re: Tall windshield removal question
From: Stan Chernoff <az589@lafn.org>
Date: Thu, 06 Jun 2002 08:23:17 -0700
Tom,

The most succesful method that I have found is to remove the sun visors and
take a wide screwdriver or a narrow putty knife and start at the center top
of the weatherstrip on the passenger side and tuck it under the sheet
metal.  Work towards the outside corners going from side to side and then
tuck the corners under.  Tuck the sides about 2/3 of the way down or as far
as you can.  Get a helper and so one person is on each side and tip the
windshield forward pushing from the inside while the other hand is on the
outside holding the weatherstrip.  If you are careful you can remove the
windshield with the weatherstrip and trim intact.  If care is taken while
handling the stuff it is possible to install it in the reverse procedure.
Installing the stainless trim in the weathestrip is tedious if you remove it.

There is no guarantee that this will work but it has in the past.

Stan
========